Science Reports on the Bering Sea Climate Status and Trends
The following science reports describe the climate conditions of the Bering Sea and North Pacific Ocean for the most recent winter and spring, in the context of recent climate trends. The reports are prepared annually, posted on this website around mid-summer, and included into annual Ecosystem Consideration Chapters documents.
Each report consists of two parts:
- General climate overview for the North Pacific Ocean
- Specific analysis for the Bering Sea.
|Eastern Bering Sea
|latest||Ecosystems Considerations Website|
|2010||Ecosystem Considerations for 2011|
|2009||Ecosystem Considerations for 2009|
|2004||Web (html) PDF||Web (html) PDF|
|2003||Web (html) PDF||Web (html) PDF|
- Report of the Study Group on Fisheries and Ecosystem Response to Recent Regime Shifts (January 2005)
- Is the Climate of the Bering Sea Warming and Affecting the Ecosystem? Overland, J.E., and P.J. Stabeno (2004), Eos Trans. AGU, 85(33), 309-316.
- Recent trends and relevance of different multi-disciplinary variables to the Bering Sea Ecosystem
- Expert Essays on key Bering Sea issues